The Office Manager will work directly under the Chair and the Executive Committee. He or she will organise and supervise all of the tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the office. Regular activities include:
• Administrative running of an office, using a range of office software, including email, spread sheets and databases, and social media;
• Organizing academic events and seminars;
• Delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output; carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and promoting staff development and training;
• Writing reports for the Chair and Executive Committee and delivering presentations;
• Conducting short researches; writing projects drafts; writing articles (academic and others) drafts; conducting inquiries for administrative purposes; reviewing and reporting books and articles;
The position will be held as a one-year contract, and after that period would be renewed for two more years as permanent staff.
• Master degree in social/human sciences;
• Proved experience on research management and academic writing.
• Language skills: English and Portuguese (or Spanish); other languages skills are desirable.
The position requires good will for intensive teamwork, excellent communication and organisational skills,and time management skills.
a. A letter justifying his/her interest on the position (1 page);
b. CV including intellectual/professional trajectory and experience related to the position (up to 3 pages);
c. Name and contact details of two references.
2) Short-listed applicants will be appointed for an interview;
3) Interview: selected applicants will be interviewed by the Executive Committee.
All application material should be sent in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted strictly in English.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com, stating in the Subject “Office Manager Application”, until May 19th 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
Calendar of Actions
Application deadline – May 19th, 2013
Short-listed – May 23rd, 2013
Interview – May 24, 27, 28, 2013
Final result – May 30th, 2013
All applicants who meet requirements and standards will be considered equally for admission, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, beliefs, age, national origin, sexual orientation or physical disabilities.